Portable WinRAR v3.80 Beta 4
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format
– Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
– WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
– WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
– WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
– WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
– WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
– WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
– WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Changes in Version 3.80 beta 1:
1. Added support for ZIP archives containing Unicode file names in UTF-8 format. When creating ZIP archive, WinRAR stores names in Unicode only if they cannot be stored correctly using the current single byte character set.
2. Added decompression support for WinZip AES encrypted ZIP archives.
3. Improved Unicode support for RAR and ZIP archive names.
4. “Ask before overwrite” and “Skip existing files” update modes are now available in archiving dialog. They allow to specify WinRAR behavior when updating already existing files in archive. Unlike already available “Fresh existing files only” and “Add and update files”, these new modes ignore file date and compare only file names.
Command line equivalents of these modes are:
a) switch -o enables “Ask before overwrite” archiving mode;
b) switch -o- enables “Skip existing files” archiving mode;
c) switch -o+ enables “Overwrite all” mode (default for archiving).
Size : 1,9 MB
Download Link :